My Journey with Enameling

I'm in the process of learning how to apply enamel to metal.
It's instant gratification when you get to see all the beautiful colors,
but of course you have to make mistakes first before you get good.
I used Egg Yellow transparent on a copper penny.
I really like the spotted effect but I dropped it into the vermiculite too soon
and it stuck to the enamel.
" E N A M E L I N G   T I P  "
The reason the vermiculite stuck to the bead/disc is because it is too hot.
I've been told to move the disc/bead up the mandrel so it doesn't stick to the enamel on the stick and count to 5.  While counting, dip the mandrel tip into water, scrap off any enamel and slid the disc/bead whatever into the vermiculite.  I will try this next and post my results.
Same thing happened here.

I used a penny for the beadcap.  I annealed the penny, domed it,
re-annealed and drilled a centre hole.  I sifted the enamel onto the disc.
The head pin is also enameled with Robin Blue.

This is a copper disc that was domed a little then,
 using the immersion technique, bitter green was applied

Baby Blue Filigree Pendant


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broom Casting Silver and more...

HELLO and HAPPY DECEMBER!

WE'RE MOVING SOON so the online shop will be closing in a few days for several weeks. If you need anything before then, it's time to place your order before the crazyness begins. In addition to handmade mixed metal jewelry, I have available the following tools and display items: 1 Enamel Spatulas with bowl 1 Torch Enamel Kit (torch basket, spatula and bowl) limited supply of the Torch Enamel Baskets Bezel Grips are in back in stock Enamel Stencil Kits - many designs in each pack Slimline Necklace Displays #torchenamelbasket #bezelgrip #jewelrydisplays #jewelry