Enameling 101

I'm taking an online e-course with Barbara Lewis who wrote the book "Painting with Fire".
We've just finished our first week of the 3 week course and I've learned 
the immersion technique for torch firing a variety of beads and bead caps.  
Here are just a few samples of some of the beads I've done so far.
Black Enamel base with a roll in Twilight Blue


Copper Filigree Disc - this turned out beautiful with Robin's Egg Blue.
I used my Acetylene Torch

The bead cap is made from a penny and I love how rustic it looks.
Something Old, Something Blue

 Love the colors on these - Mapp Gas with Hot Head Torch.
Hoping I will be able to reproduce as enameling doesn't always come out how you expect it.
I used 3 different enamels on the end beads

Experiment gone wrong

Filigree beads - Need to use brighter colors to make a mixed color necklace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broom Casting Silver and more...

HELLO and HAPPY DECEMBER!

WE'RE MOVING SOON so the online shop will be closing in a few days for several weeks. If you need anything before then, it's time to place your order before the crazyness begins. In addition to handmade mixed metal jewelry, I have available the following tools and display items: 1 Enamel Spatulas with bowl 1 Torch Enamel Kit (torch basket, spatula and bowl) limited supply of the Torch Enamel Baskets Bezel Grips are in back in stock Enamel Stencil Kits - many designs in each pack Slimline Necklace Displays #torchenamelbasket #bezelgrip #jewelrydisplays #jewelry